High School Internships
CLINICAL INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
The Clinical Internship at Choice Physical Therapy is designed to afford qualified juniors or seniors in High School exposure to the medical field of Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy. In addition to the exposure and observation, the intern will become involved in the day-to-day operations under the direction of the Clinical Manager or Practice Director.
Student Internships are Unpaid.
2-4 months depending on student school schedule
Hours may be accommodated to student school schedule, ranging from 6 hours per week up to 20
- High School Junior or Senior with GPA of 3.0
- Interest in furthering studies in a medical field post-secondary education
- Physical and mental ability to perform major functions required in internship
- Computer literacy preferred.
- Willingness to learn computer skills required.
ACTIVITIES WITHIN THE INTERNSHIP WILL CONSIST OF THE FOLLOWING, DEPENDING IN STUDENTS CAPABILITIES.
1. CLINICAL FUNCTIONS
- Prepares treatment space according to therapist specifications
- Maintains a working supply of linen in all treatment areas.
- Provides general clean up assistance following patient treatment in all treatment areas,
- Assembles and disassembles equipment and accessories,
- Prepares iontophoresis equipment for therapist use as needed.
- Assists with patient care equipment maintenance, cleaning and inventory per procedure.
- Carries out any and all clinical activities with patients within the scope of their education and training provided onsite in the practice including but not limited to modality set up
- Under direction of Clinical Director or Manager
- Conducts internet research if requested for medically pertinent information as requested by therapist
- Clinical protocols using evidence based information from internet searches
3. ADMINISTRATIVE FUNCTIONS:
- Copy documents according to established procedures.
- Scheduling patient treatments as indicated by therapist.
- Effectively utilizes scheduling system.
For more information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org